Happy Friday to you! Any exciting weekend plans? It's supposed to be sixty degrees here on Saturday(!) and I plan on spending every minute of it outside.
If you've been listening to season two of Serial and haven't heard Hindsight Parts 1 and 2 yet, I'd highly recommend that you drop everything and go listen. The episodes were uploaded yesterday and this morning, and they're the season's best yet, if you ask me. I've been tuning in to Serial every week, but never felt captivated by Bowe Bergdahl's case until now. Both parts shed so much light on his personality, going all the way back to his isolated childhood. After hearing Hindsight, I'm really curious where the remaining episodes will go. I'm now totally convinced that Bowe's telling the truth, and that the Army should have never allowed him to enlist in the first place.
These five episodes from the past few days were also fantastic, if you're in the listening mood:
- Long Distance Love Story from Millennial. [Feb. 14, 26 minutes] A beautiful episode about long-distance love with the happiest of endings.
- John Quincy Adams: The trait that broke a presidency from Presidential. [Feb. 14, 44 minutes] John Quincy Adams may have been an incredible diplomat, but he was a pretty terrible president.
- The Most Dramatic Sky from Orbital Path. [Feb. 18, 16 minutes] Dr. Anna Moore describes Antarctica's brilliant night sky and her research there that's pushing boundaries in astrophysics.
- Man vs. Machine from HumaNature. [Feb. 17, 14 minutes] A back-country skiier utters a curse that he deeply regrets a few days later.
- The Line from Reply All. [Feb. 18, 35 minutes] A group asks some tough questions about their religion's history, which just so happens to be fact-check-able.
And finally, these links from around the web made me smile this week...
- A Q&A with the woman who dresses Broad City's Abbi and Ilana.
- Eight great Instagram accounts, including Reykjavik's police department.
- Last year's most powerful images, according to the World Press Photo.
- Ten things to eat inside your blanket fort this weekend.
- How to stream this year's Oscar-nominated movies.