Hello! Any exciting weekend plans? I'm looking forward to some vacation planning, a trail run or two, and a couple of long mornings in bed (if Morty the dog allows). If you've got an extra hour, I'd highly recommend checking out George Washintgon: The man, the myth, the legend from Presidential. It's my standout pick of the week!
Presidential is a brand new podcast from The Washington Post that'll go week-by-week through all forty-three (Grover Cleveland only gets one episode) of the U.S. presidents. The final episode, which should drop right after the November elections, will feature the brand new president-elect.
I'm not a big history buff, and that's exactly why I'm really looking forward to this series. The first episode went beyond the basics to show the side of George Washington that nobody really talks about. In forty-eight minutes, I learned from Pulitzer Price-winning experts that George was a really great dancer, a total fashionista, and a bit of a gold-digger.
These three episodes were also really great this week, if you're in the listening mood:
- Aubrey Plaza from Anna Faris is Unqualified. [Jan. 12, 1 hour, 35 minutes] The longest but best episode of Unqualified so far, with a surprise phone call from Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence.
- Cocoon Central Dance Team: Speaking the Same Language from She Does. [Jan. 13, 44 minutes] A fascinating and funny interview with the three talented ladies behind the comedic dance troupe Cocoon.
- Facebook, Mexico & Peter Pan from Millennial. [Jan. 11, 27 minutes] An honest and unexpected start to the show's second season.
And finally, five links from around the web made me smile this week...
- I knew it! A new study shows dogs do know how you're feeling.
- I've never been in a book club before, but I'm tempted to join this one that Emma Watson's hosting.
- Or this one -- Claire and Erica will discuss this month's choice in an upcoming episode.
- Genius tips for small space living.
- Twenty podcast episodes that gave listeners all the feels. My pick is in there somewhere!