Any fun plans for the weekend? I'm running my first race in over a decade on Sunday morning. It's just a 5K but still, the nerves are running high. I've also got a lot of gifting to tackle, and I'm looking forward to some long walks with Morty the dog through the most festive neighborhoods in town.
If you've got an extra thirty minutes, I'd recommend listening to Best of Both Worlds from Millennial -- this week's standout episode. It was definitely my favorite episode from this show to date, and it's got me really excited about season two (plus the two podcasts host Megan Tan will be working on at her new job).
If you're in the mood for more, I also loved these three episodes this week:
- Rosie O'Donnell from Anna Faris is Unqualified. Rosie O'Donnell seems like the nicest person. Plus, the surprise call from Aubrey Plaza was great.
- Tubthumping from Surprisingly Awesome. The 90s band Chumbawamba really is surprisingly awesome.
- Status Update from This American Life. Acts one and two were just fantastic.
And finally, five fun links from around the web.
- I'm so glad I stumbled upon this beautifully written blog this week.
- I've tuned in to Hulu's new show Casual week by week, but it's supposedly perfect for binge-watching.
- This tweet (and linked article) made me smile.
- One of the best top shelf interviews yet on Into the Gloss.
- Notes to make your gifts feel more personal.