Happy belated Thanksgiving to you! Any fun plans for the weekend? I'll be spending most of it at the movie theater -- I've got a list of at least five on my must-watch list (these two are at the top). I'm also looking forward to lots of long walks with Morty the dog and maybe a hike or two.
If you haven't already, I'd recommend checking out this week's standout episode: Birthstory from Radiolab. It takes a really fascinating look at the ethics of the international surrogacy industry, and it tells the story of one Israeli couple's very long journey to fatherhood. The last half was especially incredible.
These three episodes were close contenders:
- Entrepreneurial inspiration in Women who Rule (#14) with Katia Beauchamp from Lady Lovin'
- A conversation between long-distance besties in Phone-a-friend: Marisa Metzer's favorite things from Call Your Girlfriend
- An interview with the ladies of Stowaway Cosmetics in Episode 26: Makeover Edition from A Few Things with Claire and Erica
And finally, if you're in a browsing mood, these six links from around the web made me smile this week.
- Ten amazing Etsy shops if you're looking to shop small this month.
- I usually stick to beer, but this festive drink is tempting.
- I'm really enjoying the Simple Matters series from Reading My Tea Leaves.
- This beautiful video was worth all seven minutes.
- Twenty-five shows worth binge-watching this weekend.
- And finally, does the low-key engagement even exist anymore?