What are you up to this weekend? Morty the dog turns two on Saturday (a Halloween pup!), so I'm looking forward to a birthday hike and lots of treats for both of us. I've also heard really great things about Casual, the new show from Hulu, and I plan on catching the first five episodes tonight.
If you haven't already, you should listen to this week's standout episode -- the Gloria Steinem interview on Fresh Air. It really made me want to go out and pick up her new memoir, which I didn't know about before listening.
Finally, if you're in the Halloween mood, here are some fun links from around the web:
- These old radio shows sound like fun.
- Also from the AV Club, are we on the verge of a new wave in horror? I hope so because The Babadook and It Follows were fantastic, and I'm not usually a horror movie fan.
- Pairing beer with candy the right way.
- This tweet from Wait Wait (and the responses!) made me laugh out loud.
- This piece from Lena Dunham on her costume fails is both hilarious and insightful.
- This short video from Broadly on the witches of Bushwick was totally worth the watch.